In 1994, Minneapolis Public Schools put a program in place known as Site-Based Decision Making in an effort to move decision making closer to the students in order to improve student achievement. Each school in the district has a Site Council (comprised of both parents and school staff) which meets monthly to make decisions and discuss long-range program goals for the school. These councils are also charged with examining everything that might be standing in the way of student achievement.
Anwatin’s Site Council is a group of staff members, parents, and community members who work on the long-range vision and planning for the school. Everyone is welcome to attend the council’s meetings.
The mission of the Anwatin’s Site Council is to provide an opportunity for representative school staff and community to work collaboratively providing direction that will enhance student achievement and on-going growth. Our Site Council meetings take place monthly in Room 105 typically the 3rd Wednesday of each month in the late afternoon.
Here is a list of Site Council members for the 2015-2016 school year:
· Social Worker: Sharon Gabriel
· Teacher: Nathan Lee
· IB Coordinator : Sarah Wernimont (Secretary)
· Support staff: Matthew Branch/Daniel Burgos
· Core subject teacher: Jimmy Lipps (ELA)
· Dual Immersion Coordinator: Elizabeth Dwight
· Parent: Cindy Christian (Co-Chair)
· Parent: Terry Collins
· Parent: Yosaris Rosado
· Parent: Terrance Noble
· Parent: TBD
· Student: Yanelis Camacho Rosado/John Collins
· Community-at-Large: Colleen Simmons/JoEllyn Jolstad
· School Principal: Steven Flucas (Co-Chair)
Click here to see a copy of the current Site Council bylaws adopted Dec 16, 2015.
256 Upton Ave. S. Minneapolis, MN 55405-1997
Phone: 612.668.2450 | Fax: 612.668.2460